Monday 17 August 2015

Obligatory Intro Post


In theory I’ve had this blog since 2012. In practice I’ve basically never used it, so I’ve decided it’s time for a bit of a relaunch (also I’ve written pretty much nothing this year, and blogging might kick start that bit of my brain… maybe?).
 
So here we are.

I’m not really sure quite what this will turn out to be. Most likely a collection of random posts about my various interests and hobbies, which include but are not necessarily limited to:
  • HEMA (historical European martial arts)
  • LARP (live action role play)
  • Writing
  • Crafting (mainly sewing plus other bits and pieces)
  • Running
I have a fairly severe issue with procrastination, so any activity that doesn’t involve regular stuff to attend or externally imposed deadlines is likely to be pretty sporadic, and therefore blog posts on particular topics may well come in fits and spurts as my brain engages and focuses on something for a while and then wanders off to something else (or just resorts to sitting in front of the TV). You never know, this might actually help me be a bit more consistent with some things (…who am I kidding!).

I haven’t blogged regularly since my LiveJournal days (and to be honest ‘regular’ is something of a misnomer for the level of LJ activity I managed). I’d love to say I’d like to post once a week, but I know myself better than that! If I manage one or two a month I’ll be happy.

Anyway, let’s get on to some actual content…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment